To maintain harmonious industrial relations between employer and employees through preventive mediation and provide labour welfareand facilitate employment opportunities.
The office of the Commissioner of Labour is assigned with the duties and functions relating to Industrial relations, Labour Welfare and enforcement of Labour legislation besides implementation of Labour Welfare and Social Security Schemes. The officials in the Labour Department are also appointed and declared as authorities performing quasi-judicial executive functions under various labour legislations of both the Central and State Governments.
Short term goals / Medium term goals/ Long term goals:
- To provide Citizen friendly labour services.
- To ensure statutory benefits to working class through strict enforcement of labour legislations.
- To ensure redressal of grievances of labour class through prompt mediation.
- Provide training to kins of industrial workers through labour welfare centres.
- To provide all types of medical benefits to the insured persons through ESI Schemes in the State of Goa.
- To provide Welfare benefits to the working class through various labour welfare Schemes.
Promoting Labour Welfare by effective implementation of Labour Legislationand promoting industrial peace and harmony.
Labour Department has launched various online services developed under the E-District Mission Mode Project of Department of Information Technology to reach out to the citizens at their door-steps.In the State of Goa Labour Department is enforcing different Labour Laws for registration, renewal and amendment under different Labour Acts. The Labour Welfare Centres in the State of Goa providing welfare facilities to the members of the Industrial Workers and their families. Through these Labour Welfare Centres, training is being imparted in different crafts like embroidery, needle work, cutting and tailoring etc. Presently there are 25 Labour Welfare Centres functioning in the State of Goa.The medical benefits which flow under the ESI Scheme are being implemented through the ESI Dispensaries and ESIHospital for the Insured Persons and their dependent members.