MINIMUM RATES WAGES REVISED BY GOVERNMENT OF GOA
In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (b) of Sub-section (1) of Section 3 read with clause (iii) of Sub-section (1) of Section 4 and Sub-section (2) of Section 5 of the Minimum Wage Act, 1948 (Central Actl 1 of 1948) and in consultation with Minimum Wage Advisory Board, the Government of Goa has revised minimum rates wages vide Notification No. 24/21/2009-LAB-II(1) dated 24th May, 2016 payable to the various categories of employees employed in various trades in the Scheduled Employment. The minimum wages for the State of Goa for Unskilled is Rs. 307/-, Semi-skilled is Rs. 368/-, Skilled is Rs. 423/-, Highly Skilled/Supervisory is Rs. 465/-and for Clerical is Rs. 423/- as per the above Notification and linked with Variable Dearness Allowance (V.D.A.). The Scheduled Employments are as per the list below:
1. Employment in Saw Mills.
2. Employment in Breweries and Distilleries.
3. Employment in Pharmaceutical industry and Units engaged in the manufacture, sale and distribution of medicines and pharmaceutical products.
4. Employment in Units engaged in the manufacture, assembling of Electronic Goods and Components and distribution and Sale of Electronic Products.
5. Employment in Cinema Exhibition Industry.
6. Employment in Readymade Garments Manufactory.
7. Employment in private hospital, nursing homes, dispensaries, medical clinics, radiology, pathology laboratories, surgical clinics including such establishments where medical treatment is given to patients.
8. Employment in watch and ward.
9. Employment in any industry in which any process of printing by letter press, lithography, photogravure or other similar work incidental to such process or book binding is carried on.
10.Employment in Processing and Canning of Food Stuff including Fish and Beverages.
11.Employment in Cashew Factories and Establishment.
12.Employment in Bricks and Tiles Manufacture.
13.Employment in any commercial or industrial establishment engaged in commercial, manufacturing and service activities, other than that covered under any of the other entries contained in the Schedule.
14. (i) Employment in construction or maintenance of roads or in building operators (ii) Stone breaking and stone crushing; & (iii) Maintenance of building.
15. Employment in Automobile Repairing Workshops and Garages.
16. Employment in Agriculture.
17. Employment in any shop and commercial establishment other than a residential hotel, restaurant or eating house.
18. Employment in Public Motor Transport Undertaking and Employment in Private Motor Transport Undertaking.
19. Employment in any residential hotel, restaurant or eating house.
20. Employment in cotton textile, cotton spinning, cotton pressing, manufacture of cotton fiber, thread yarn spinning and weaving including handloom weaving.
|1.||Order No.CLE/PA/MWA-VDA/(10)/2016/1486 dated 16/03/2018||16-03-2018|
|2.||Order No.CLE/PA/MWA-VDA/(10)/2016/2136 dated 04/05/2017||23-05-2016|
|3.||Order No.CLE/PA/MWA-VDA/(10)/2016/8083 dated 27/12/2016||07-03-2017|
|4.||Order No.CLE/PA/MWA-VDA/(10)/2016/3981 dated 12/09/2017||12-09-2017|